Conical Screw Dryers
The Conical Screw Dryers are used for drying powders, granules and removing solvent from the product.
The conical screw dryer is a vacuum contact dryer that is particularly suitable for drying hazardous and toxic products containing solvents or water, to a very low final moisture content, due to its closed design and indirect product heating.As a result of its unique, very gentle mixing characteristics, even mechanically sensitive products are not destroyed; the product quality after the drying process is reproducible and as good as that of the initial product, whereas the driving force required is very low. The achievable, high vacuum ensures low drying temperatures (a clear advantage when drying temperature-sensitive products), good heat transfer and short drying times, while at the same time requiring little energy. The short drying times and the high level of the fully closed system make the conical dryer the best choice in cases in which environmental and/or product requirements are strict. A directly fitted filter retains the dust particles in the processing space. Complete discharge and easy output ensure that you can continue to process your valuable products without a loss. Not just the solids, but also humidity and solvents can be recycled by the vacuum unit that has been integrated into the closed containment system.
- A conical container with a domed roof, an external drive unit and an internal mixing screw, guided by an orbital swivel arm. The head room is used to expand the vapours and to settle the dust.
- The drying heat is supplied via the conical heating system (as well as via the heated screw), the cover and the dust filter, which are temperature-controlled to prevent condensation or the formation of lumps.
- Complete closed, welded, robust stainless steel insulation jacket with various insulation materials in a stress-free design.
- A self-supporting mixing screw without floor attachment, with unimpeded, free, central product discharge for optimisation of residue-free discharge with an homogeneous and controllable product flow.
- The form and design of the screw allows for individual adaptation to the process / product
- A conically expanded mixing screw to optimize mixing, minimizing the mixing force and ensuring gentle mechanical treatment of the products to maintain excellent product quality.
- The short distance of the mixing screw from the wall and the reduction of dead space; when combined with optimised speeds, this ensures the best possible heat transfer with the shortest drying times and minimal wall deposits.
- Available in a special sanitary, GMP-compatible version with automated CIP
- Various static and dynamic process seals, adapted to the process, product and designed for optimal reliability. Shaft-sealing systems ranging from a PTFE rotary shaft seal to a complex, monitored floating ring seal in cartridge or modular form.
- Speed-adjustable drives for flexible adaptation to individual applications
- Modular drive system, exchangeability of various equivalent systems.
- Spherical segment valve as a closed output and input valve with an inflatable sanitary seal that is easy to clean. No dead space, with CIP nozzle
The conical screw dryer includes all the advantages mentioned for the conical screw mixer, without limitations:
- Self-supporting screw
- Gentle mixing process
- Low mechanical shear forces
- High mixing accuracy and good mixing quality
- Universally suitable for almost all industrial products
- Flexibility during partial filling without adverse effect on product quality
- Complete discharge of solids and cleaning fluids
- Easy to clean
- Completely closed processing space
- and, of course, the robust and reliable design and high quality of production, project management and documentation.