The Dry Roasters deliver uniform heat and airflow distribution, producing superior product quality, color and moisture content. The dual plenum dryer is designed for uniform drying of peanuts, tree nuts such as almonds, pistachios, macadamia nuts and walnuts, and sunflower seeds. Allergen cleaning is simplified with a host of sanitation features including full welds, complete interior access and the elimination of debris collection points.
The dry roaster follows dry roasting process. Dry Roasting is a process by which heat is applied to dry foodstuffs without the use of oil or water as a carrier. Unlike other dry heat methods, dry roasting is used with foods such as nuts and seeds, which do not contain significant fat or moisture of their own. Dry roasted foods are stirred as they are roasted to ensure even heating. Dry roasting can be done in a frying pan or wok (a common way to prepare spices in some cuisines), or in a specialized roaster(as is used for coffee beans or peanuts). Dry roasting changes the chemistry of proteins in the food, changing their flavor, and enhances the scent and taste of some spices. It is done with adding various herbs, spices and sugars into the frying pan and roasting until brown.
- Dry Roaster uses controlled airflow to assure consistent processing across the product bed, preserving product roasting characteristics.
- Airflow is delivered both above and below the product layer, enhancing moisture removal and roasting characteristics while minimizing processing time.
- Separately controlled roaster temperature processing zones ensure that heat transfer occurs effectively as the product moves through the conveyor dryer. This results in highly efficient operation and lower utility costs.
The dry roaster is usually is tailored to meet a product's specific thermal processing characteristics. Customers can specify infeed, discharge and other operating line parameters to ensure that the unit fits the plant design and delivers optimum performance.
- Sloped, smooth inner surfaces allow product to flow through the roaster without collecting or becoming a safety or sanitation risk.
- Easy access via large doors and removable panels allows cleaning to occur more often and more quickly during routine operations.
- A modular design option allows the dry roaster to be shipped with the conveyor bed installed, reducing installation time and cost onsite.
- The knock-down configuration option means components can be assembled in the field, allowing for installation in the tightest plant conditions while reducing shipping costs.