Fluid Bed Dryers
The Fluid Bed Dryers are known for single stage operation and extensively used to convert solutions, suspensions, and slurries into dry powder within a few seconds without any intermediate handling. The high speed of the process and controlled temperature ensure the optimum efficiency of the process.
- Easy to install
- High functionality
- Optimum performance
- Smooth operation
The Fluid Bed Dryers (FBD) are primarily used in almost all chemical, pharmaceutical, food, dyestuff and other process industries to dry materials by fluidization with hot and / or dehumidified air, which creates a turbulence in the wet product (not totally liquid) while flowing through it.
The atmospheric air is sucked in the dryer through 5/10 micron filter by efficient dynamically balanced fan driven by an electric motor. The clean air then passes over the electric heaters / steam or radiator provided with controller. The hot air passes through the product and fluidization dries the product. Dryer is provided with dehumidifier (Chilled water system) at the inlet so as to dry the product at low temperature under fluidized condition. The blower speed is controlled by AC frequency drive so as to control the fluidization avoiding choking of the filter bag. A raking system is provided to avoid lump formation in the container to achieve uniform fluidization and uniform drying.
The drying time depends on various factors such as physical properties of material, moisture content, type of moisture (free or inherent or water of crystallization), drying temperature etc. For example, the crystalline product can be dried faster than amorphous product containing same percentage of moisture at same temperature.
- Machine and the trolley are scientifically constructed. The lifting jack is housed in the inlet lower chamber (part of the main shell). It is of Stainless Steel and is lined with neoprene grade rubber of suitable hardness for sealing with the product container.
- The lifting jack is fitted with a pneumatic lifting device, which consists of 2 numbers pneumatic cylinders along with control valves, pressure regulating device and air filter. Air pressure requirement is 4 kg/cm2.
- The expansion chamber has a guide for positioning the product container.
- The filter bag chamber is made from Stainless Steel sheets. The filter bag can be de-dusted manually or pneumatically.
- The air inside is circulated by the blower. It has an impeller with a backward curve type blade. The impeller is driven by Flame Proof or Non Flame Proof Motor.
- The dryer is Electrical/Steam Heated as desired. Heaters are of finned tubes tested to 6 kg/cm2 pressure.