Vibrating Cup Mills
From SolidsWiki - Encyclopedia About Equipment for Handling & Processing Bulk Solids
Vibrating Cup Mills are used for extremely fast comminution (speed: up to 1500 rpm) of hard, medium-hard, brittle and fibrous laboratory samples, dry or in suspension, down to analysis fineness.
In the Vibrating Cup Mill, the grinding is performed by horizontal circular oscillations of the grinding set on a vibrating plate. The grinding set consisting of ring and puck comminute the grinding sample with extremely high pressure, impact forces and friction. In this form of grinding, the transmission of forces onto the grinding sample is much more important than the pure motor power. A special motor is equipped with an especially interference-resistant, torque-optimized frequency converter and fulfils all the relevant safety standards worldwide. It ensures that the motor output is precisely matched to the grinding material and grinding set - which optimizes the energy consumption.
- Extremely fast grinding of very hard sample (1 - 3 min)
- Powerful grinding with up to 1300 rpm and 1.1 kW motor output
- Speed control with microprocessor and frequency converter
- Loss-free grinding set in hermetically sealed vessels
- Ergonomically optimized grinding set changing with guided insertion of the grinding set with defined end position
- Automatic detection of the use of metal-free grinding set (agate or zirconium oxide) and reduces the rotation speed independently to prevent damage to grinding element
For processing coal, ores or minerals for physical or chemical analysis
For grinding blast furnace slag or cast iron samples to determine additives needed.
Infrared and x-ray fluorescence analysis
For preparing samples with a short grinding time without contamination through undesired abrasion.
For grinding rock samples to produce raw powder to determine CaO3 amd MgCO3 content or clinkers to study the constancy of the mineralogical structure
Agriculture and ecology
For preparing samples for chemical analysis of soils, sludges or vegetable matters
- tempered steel grinding set for brittle, hard samples
- chromium-free steel grinding set for brittle, hard samples
- hard metal tungsten carbide grinding set for very hard, abrasive materials
- agate grinding set for soft to medium-hard, brittle, fibrous samples
- zirconium oxide grinding set for medium-hard, brittle, fibrous samples and iron-free grinding